My place has been kept very wet and humid but red spider mites appeared from time to time because my place was warm and crowded with too many Phalaenopsis species plants.
Currently, I use 3 electric fans to help to constantly circulate the humid air around to keep red spider mites away. Now, I have no more problem with red spider mites. The reason, I think, is because red spider mites do not like to settle in places with good air movement. To prevent my plants from being blown too dry by the 3 electric fans, I simply have to adjust the frequency of watering to 3 times daily.
A humidifier or fine mist-making machine may be a better way to increase humidity. If you can also reduce the temperature of your balcony area (for example by putting up a shade net), you have a good chance of saying sayonara to the red spider mites.