[這篇文章最後由Cowan在 2004/05/25 11:01am 第 1 次編輯]
I'm so touched by the demonstration on how to pot a newly bought plant that I've decided to post pictures on leaf cutting. Don't expect too much though. First, we pick a healthy leaf. Not too old nor too young. 先選一枝健康的葉子.不能太老或太幼慈.
[這篇文章最後由Cowan在 2004/05/25 11:07am 第 1 次編輯]
Put it in a plastic container where the root is blocked from light but not the leaf. Sorry, no pictures. After 2 weeks, you may notice roots growing out. 放在一個罐子,使根部不見光. 兩個星期後可能看到一些根.
[這篇文章最後由Cowan在 2004/05/25 11:15am 第 1 次編輯]
Finally, plant the whole thing in a pot and seal inside a plastic bag for at least 2 weeks. I'm very unprofessional...... after 2 weeks, I yank at the large leave gently, if it has rooted well, I slowly remove the plastic cover. 最後重在土裡 ,並以透明袋包起來. 兩個星期後,如果根長得好,就可把袋子拿掉.
下面引用由Cowan在 2004/05/25 10:17am 發表的內容: Next, we cut ti at an angle, about 45 degrees. 接著 45度斜切.
Well I've some opinion on this part. 45 degrees is right but it should face up. Here in the pic it seems to be facing down. When you do so, especially when the stem is short, it happens when you cut off the rotten stem, the babies will probably come out at the direction toward leaf tip, right under the shadow of their mother leaf.
In addition to insufficient light, it also makes it more difficult when cutting the babies down for potting up. 45度斜切宜斜面向上,如此才能避免幼苗從葉背方向長出,被母葉擋住光線,也造成幼苗照顧及分離時的不便。
下面引用由frankphurt在 2004/05/25 12:06pm 發表的內容: Well I've some opinion on this part. 45 degrees is right but it should face up. Here in the pic it seems to be facing down. When you do so, especially when the stem is short, it happens when you cu ...
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't understand which direction my book meant. I thought the juicy part grows the roots, so I cut it facing down. The outer green part grows the shoots, so I thought they would want to be on top.